Monday, October 11, 2010

eFoods Direct

A while back I did some reviews of a sample sent to me from eFoods Direct (eFoodsdirect.com - Long term storable food!).  The reviews were posted on a blog/website concept I was trying out.  I didn't think the money I was paying was worth it, so I ended that project.  I didn't backup the entries, so I lost all the reviews.

I bring that up because I want to share some free food with you.  eFoods Direct will send you a free sample pack.  Click any of the links here and click "Taste it" on the home page.  You'll get some meals such as those listed here.  It's been quite a while since we tried the sample pack, so I'll post the pics and give a brief review as I remember it.

 I'm not a fan of dried bananas, but these were really good.  Dried pineapple and mango are awesome.  The soup was good though somewhat silty.  Considering that this meal can be stored for five years and the only step in preparation was to boil water this soup made for a good meal.



The creamy potato soup was 100% awesome.  This is a meal that I'll order simply to have on hand in a pinch when the cooler weather comes around.  If you've got some bacon and butter you're in for a treat.

If you have a pot, some water, and an energy source you can prepare a hearty meal for your family that is nutritious, filling, and simple.
The money shot.  I almost always enjoy soup more with crackers or bread, but I was pleased to eat this soup alone.  Since I plan on having this on hand for an emergency it's comforting to know that I'll have foods around that won't require items which may not be available in an emergency.

There was another meal that I have completely forgotten about except that once again I was surprised how good it was.

The foods prepared by eFoods Direct (Get your supply of storable food at eFoodsDirect.com!) are all vegetarian (so as to be easier on the digestion in a potentially stressful environment) and made with high quality ingredients.

Why am I interested in storable foods?

1) Cash, even gold, will be useless in an emergency.  Food (and water) will be more valuable than diamonds.
2) Taxes can kill, but food, or lack thereof, will do it quicker.
3) Our farms are homogeneous to the point where a single virus could destroy entire food supplies.
4) In a dying, stagnant, recovering, whatever it is economy like we have now there are no guarantees that our jobs will continue to exist.  Most people I know will go bankrupt in two months should they lost their jobs.  Bankruptcy is one thing, but hungry children is another.

How many Katrina victims could have survived if they had adequate water and food supplies?  I'm not Mormon, but I think they've got the right idea about being prepared for the worst.  That said, check out eFoods Direct and order a sample pack.  At the very least you'll get some free food - the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment